The interactive self-assessment tool has been designed to support a school leadership team to review the four essential interrelated layers of the whole-school curriculum plan and identify any areas that require further improvement.
This tool is designed to assist schools to make judgments about the extent to which they have a consistent, rigorous approach to whole-school curriculum planning across the four interrelated layers of School, Curriculum Area, Year Level, and Unit/Lessons.
Using the tool
- There are a series of questions for each of the interrelated layers essential for comprehensive whole-school curriculum planning.
- Schools are asked to reflect on each question and rate themselves on a five point scale ranging from ‘Fully developed’ through to ‘Not at all’.
- The ratings are not stored in the system. They are for school use only.
- All questions need a response before a report can be generated.
- Areas of planning that may require attention are quickly identified.
- Schools can make informed judgments about next steps to improve practice.